I’ve been slack. Really slack. I realised today that I haven’t written a post for over 10 months. Inexcusable. But to be honest…life got in the way. I went on holidays (several times), work got busy, weekends got full. You know the drill.
Anyway, I’m going to try and bring this blog back. And to start, I thought I’d do a bit of a dot point catch up of past gigs and general news.
· I went to the inaugural Harvest Festival in Brisbane last November and loved it! It was a great festival with a fantastic line-up and a really chilled out vibe. I ended up catching the National, TV on the Radio, Bright Eyes, Portishead, and the Flaming Lips, amongst others.
· In May, I was lucky enough to see the Purple One, Prince, live at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. His gig was amazing with a great set-list, high production values and lots of general Prince-related awesomeness.
· In June, I travelled half way across the world to see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in Hamburg and in London. The gigs were incredible and something that I can cross off my bucket list. Separate gig review post to come.
· I have tickets to see Radiohead in November! Major excitement.
· Green Day have announced that they’re releasing not one new album, but three new records. Uno, Dos and Tre will be released in September, November and January respectively. It’s a pretty ambitious project, so let’s see how the albums turn out. The band’s new single, Oh Love, came out early this morning and its….ok.
· Weezer announced that they are touring Australia in January 2013. The band hasn’t come to our fair shores in over 16 years so there is a lot of anticipation for this tour. Also, they’ll be playing the Blue Album in full!
· The Red Hot Chili Peppers will be headlining the Big Day Out in January 2013 but seeing as their new record sucks, I’m not sure I’ll be in attendance. Check out the full BDO 2013 line up here.
· I also have tickets to Harvest Festival 2012. Gracing the bill are the likes of Beck, Sigur Ros, Mike Patton’s Mondo Cane, Grizzly Bear, Ben Folds Five, Santigold, Cake, the Dandy Warhols and more!
· I went along to Henry Rollins’ spoken word gig at the Powerhouse in early 2012. As always, it was amazing and Henry Rollins is an outspoken genius.
That’s it for now. More to come soon.