· Rumour has it that production on the Jeff Buckley biopic (which has been in the works for years!) is due to start soon with Penn Badgley (of Gossip Girl fame) cast in the lead role. Penn apparently beat out Robert Pattinson (thank god!) and James Franco for the role. Personally, I think James Franco would have been better cast. I just can’t see old Lonely Boy cutting it as the late great Jeff Buckley.
· For their latest tour of the US, the Foo Fighters have put together a hilarious 52 page rider of backstage demands with tongues firmly in cheek. There are plenty of jokes, insults, diagrams and activities included in the rider. Read more here.
· Metallica and Lou Reed have been in the studio, working on some new material together. It seems an unlikely (but awesome) combo. From what I’ve heard, it’s basically a ten-track Metallica album with Lou Reed on vocals. Should be interesting!
· This week marks the 25th anniversary of The Smiths legendary album The Queen is Dead. Most fans and critics agree that this is the Smiths’ masterpiece, however the band disagree, stating that they prefer Strangeways, Here We Come. Whatever, Morrissey!
· Apparently a new supergroup is headed our way. It’s no Audioslave or Velvet Revolver, but the band’s line-up is still pretty interesting – Dillinger Escape Plan’s guitarist, Ben Weinman, former Mars Volta drummer, Thomas Preidgen, ex-Jane’s Addiction bassist, Eric Avery and Mastodon guitarist, Brent Hinds. The band doesn’t have an official name yet, but they’re joking around with the name Giraffe Tongue (gross).