Thursday 9 June 2011

New RCHP's Album...Minus John

So a couple of days ago, the Red Hot Chili Peppers announced that their tenth studio album is set for release in late August this year. The record, titled I’m With You (pretty lame title, I think. It’s up there with By The Way), is their first release in over five years and their first recording since their legendary guitarist, John Frusciante, left the band.

John will always be in my heart...and this photo

John has been replaced by Josh Klinghoffer, who has played with John on some of his solo albums and side projects, and has also been the band’s touring guitarist in the past. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a mad keen John Frusciante fan (I have all of his solo albums…the good ones and the really awful ones from when he was a junkie) and was pretty devastated when he left the band. It’ll be interesting to see what Josh brings to the table and if he can fill the inevitable void that John has left.

In the early 2000s, I was a massive Peppers fan, but their last album, Stadium Arcadium (man, all of their album titles are pretty weak) was a little disappointing. It was a double album, but really only had enough great, memorable tracks for a standard single disc…there was just too much filler.

Being the fan I am, I will definitely be buying the new record, but sadly, with low expectations. Maybe they’ll prove me wrong…

No comments:

Post a Comment