Friday 17 June 2011

Rock n Roll High School

A couple of weeks ago I got an invitation to my ten year high school reunion…terrifying, I know. While my high school days were really fun, the idea of going to a ten year reunion is pretty daunting. Seriously, has ten years really past since I walked out of those school gates?!


Anyways, when I got the invitation, I started reminiscing about high school – mostly about my friends and our shenanigans but also about the music I used to listen to. I hear some songs now and I’m instantly transported back to the year nine common room or the quad outside the canteen.

So here is a list of songs that remind me of the old high school days:

·         My Poor Brain – Foo Fighters
·         Popular – Nada Surf
·         Apple Shampoo – Blink 182
·         Bleed American – Jimmy Eat World
·         Eulogy – Tool
·         Self Esteem – The Offspring
·         The Grouch – Green Day
·         Heroin Girl – Everclear
·         Leaving Home – Jebediah
·         Pinball Les – Custard
·         Chop Suey – System of a Down
·         Blue Monday – Orgy
·         Got the Life - Korn
·         Disco 2000 – Pulp
·         Intergalactic – Beastie Boys
·         Song for the Dumped – Ben Folds Five
·         Take a Picture - Filter
·         Ship of Beers - Frenzal Rhomb
·         She’s Got the Look - Guttermouth
·         Pretend We’re Dead – L7
·         Bound for the Floor – Local H
·         Fox – Millencolin
·         Punk Rock Song – Bad Religion
·         Shake Hands with Beef – Primus
·         I Make Hamburgers – The Whitlams
·         Just Ace – Grinspoon
·         The Impression That I Get – The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
·         Celebrity Skin – Hole
·         The Rockafeller Skank – Fat Boy Slim
·         Glycerine – Bush
·         1979 – Smashing Pumpkins

Some are a bit embarrassing (Korn…god), but to be honest, I still have most of these songs on my iPod today.

No comments:

Post a Comment